Battery metals squeeze
Surging demand for metals used in electric vehicles batteries is disrupting the mining industry, pushing up prices for cobalt, copper, nickel, lithium, graphite and rare earths.
- Tight battery metals supplies and price pressures could slow EV boom
- Copper, nickel, cobalt, rare earths and graphite prices rose significantly in 2017
- Automakers and miners warn of deficits of cobalt and nickel from 2019
- Lithium may move into surplus from early 2020s following a flurry of new mine investments since 2015
- Battery recycling to become major new growth area
To read more, download the report here and turn to page 24.