Market Master is a game that is intended for entertainment and instruction. It is designed to simulate commodities trading, but by playing the game you are not engaging in actual trading. Platts advertises the Market Master game and application using a combination of print, digital and social media. You may play the Market Master game as often as you wish. If you are playing the Market Master game while you are attending an event sponsored by Platts, you may be eligible to win a prize with a value of up to US$200.00. To be enrolled to win a prize at a Platts event, you will be required to enter your name, your email address and other information. If you are playing while you attend a Platts event, you may also choose to have your initials appear on a leader board of participants at the event. At each Platts event, the Market Master game competition will close at a time to be specified at such event. The winner of the competition for each session of the Market Master game will be the player with the highest points for such session. Each winner will be announced by an authorized speaker at the applicable Platts event. To claim a prize, you must be present at the time the winner is announced. Winners may be prohibited from accepting prizes by the policies of their own employers. If you are playing the Market Master game but you are not a participant at an event sponsored by Platts, then you are not eligible to win a prize. Players who are not Platts event participants may choose to have their initials appear on a global leader board. Employees of Platts and their families are not eligible to win a prize. Individuals who themselves are, or who reside in countries, subject to sanctions of the government of the United States, the European Union or Singapore are prohibited from playing.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND UNLAWFUL USE
The Content is the exclusive property of Platts or its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos on the Website and within the Content are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. Any of the trademarks, service marks or logos (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on the Website may be registered or unregistered marks of Platts or others. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any license or right whatsoever to use any of the Marks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of Platts or a third party owner of such Marks. Any unauthorized uses of the Marks or any other Content are strictly prohibited. To request permission to use any Content or other Platts material, please contact Platts at [email protected] Permission to copy articles posted on the Website for limited internal reference or personal use only may also be obtained through purchase of an annual or pay-per-use license from the Copyright Clearance Center (www.copyright.com).
You may not use the Website for any unlawful purpose. You shall honor all reasonable requests by Platts to protect Platts’ proprietary interests in the Website.
If you believe that any Content or other material posted on the Website infringes your copyright, you must file a notice of infringement (in accordance with the instructions below) and Platts will address your concerns in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The written notice of infringement must include:
- Information identifying the copyrighted work or works you believe is being infringed.
- Information identifying the material you believe is infringing your copyright, including exact permanent URL and any other information that will allow Platts to locate the allegedly infringing material.
- Your address, telephone number, email address and any other relevant contact information.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material on the Website is not authorized by you, your agent or the law.
- A statement that the information provided to Platts is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices should be sent with your name and physical or electronic signature to the S&P Global Legal Department, 55 Water Street, NY, NY 10041-1003; [email protected]
Please note that by submitting an infringement notification, you are initiating a legal process. You may be liable for damages or other legal consequences if you make any false claims or otherwise misuse this process.
- REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
If you wish to use the Platts Payment Portal (the “Portal”) to make payments to Platts, you are responsible for creating a User account in the Portal at platts-billing.secure.force.com/. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you accept responsibility for all activities, charges and damages that occur in relation to your User account. Your access to the Portal is contingent upon your employment with the company on behalf of which you are registered and your account must be deactivated once your employment has ended. You shall promptly contact Platts if you believe there has been unauthorized use of your User account.
You are also solely responsible for all access to, usage of or activity on your User account including, but not limited to, use of the account by any person who uses your user name and password, with or without authorization, or who has access to any computer, mobile or other device on which your account resides or is accessible.
For information regarding how this information will be used and maintained, please see our Privacy and Cookie Notice at www.marketing.platts.com/forms/privacy.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Due to the number of sources from which the Content is obtained and the potential hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such Content and the Website.
THE CONTENT AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES. NEITHER PLATTS NOR S&P GLOBAL MAKES ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR CURRENTNESS OF RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM ACCESSING AND USING THE WEBSITE, THE WEBSITE’S OWN CONTENT, OTHER CONTENT (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 7 BELOW), OR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
PLATTS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ALL THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PLATTS PARTIES”) HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT. NONE OF THE PLATTS PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM.
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE PLATTS PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE. NONE OF THE PLATTS PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, IN WHOLE OR PART, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE AND ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE PLATTS PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH CONTENT OR THE WEBSITE.
Platts assumes no responsibility for the use of third party software on the Website and shall have no liability whatsoever to any person or entity for the accuracy or completeness of any outcome generated by such software. Accessing the Website on a mobile telephone may use a significant amount of data. You are responsible for any carrier or other data charges incurred when accessing the Website on a mobile telephone and Platts will not be liable for any charges you incur. Platts recommends that you check with your network provider if you are unsure of the charges that may apply.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
Platts may use certain third party service providers namely, Google Analytics and Mouseflow, to track your use of the Website. By using the Website, you hereby expressly consent to such tracking.
By using this Website, the disclosures and consent required under certain state laws are deemed to be provided, received, and agreed to by you.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You may, through hypertext or other computer links, gain access to websites operated by persons other than Platts. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only, and are the exclusive responsibility of such websites’ owners. You agree that Platts is not responsible for the content or operation of such websites, and that Platts shall have no liability to you or any other person or entity for the use of third party websites. Except as described below, a hyperlink from this Website to another website does not imply or mean that Platts endorses the content on that website or the operator or operations of that site. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content at any other websites to which you link from the Website.
- THE USER’S CONTENT
The User grants to S&P Global the non-exclusive right to use all material submitted, uploaded, or otherwise made available into the Website by the User (other than third party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of S&P Global’s print or electronic publications (“Other Content”).
Users entering material into the Website are responsible for the Other Content. Neither Platts nor S&P Global has any responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users or others, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the Website. Platts retains the right, which it may exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content that Platts deems to be (i) illegal, (ii) offensive, (iii) in violation of contractual obligations; or (iv) otherwise inappropriate.
You may not input or distribute any material through the Website that is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of Platts.
The User agrees to indemnify the Platts Parties from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that the Platts Parties, their employees, and authorized representatives may incur as a result of either: (i) the User’s breach of these Terms or (ii) information or material entered into the Website by accessing it using the User’s username or password.
- ANTI-HACKING PROVISION
You expressly agree not to:
- use the Website for any purpose that is prohibited by any law or regulation, or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation;
- use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Website or the Content found on or accessed through the Website without prior express written consent from Platts;
- obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the Website that have not been intentionally made publicly available either by their public display on the Website or through their accessibility by a visible link on the Website;
- in any way bypass or circumvent any other measure employed to limit or prevent access to the Website or its Content;
- violate the security of the Website or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with this Website, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on or through the Website, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the Website;
- exceed three thousand (3,000) symbol calls in any single request for data, or request the same data more frequently than once every sixty (60) seconds; or
- take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of this Website’s operators, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the Website or such operation’s infrastructure.
- ADDITIONAL LEGAL TERMS